Weekly Dev Update #68
THORChain Weekly Dev Update for Week 68, 03 — 09 Nov; Affiliate Fees, Assym Withdrawals, Chaosnet V0.16.2, Midgard V0.5.2, Midgard earnings endpoint, updates to RUNEStake.info and RUNEBalance.com
The team worked on Chaosnet stability, testnet fixes, and multi-chain tweaks. Midgard was also updated.
A big feature implemented for the week was affiliate fees, allowing frontends to charge a transparent fee for processing any swaps from their interfaces. The memo is as follows:
The affiliate address will be a native THOR.RUNE address and will immediately receive native RUNE, to the amount that is the fee-rate specified in Basis Points (0–10000). Thus if wallets wish to charge 10 basis points (0.1%) then they simply add
10 as their fee rate. This is simple and easy to convey to the user “0.1% fees”, as well as being easy to inspect.
This feature was finally implemented and allows a user to withdraw entirely to one side. This will be necessary for more advanced features later on and allowing single-side liquidity provision from chains without needing a RUNE wallet, ie, adding just Bitcoin, then later removing just Bitcoin.
Chaosnet V0.16.2 was released with a bug fix for TSS keygen blame.
Midgard V0.5.2 was released with some improvements and updates. Details below.
The team deployed fixes for V0.16.1, as well as multi-chain bug fixes found on testnet. In addition some small changes to THORNode events to allow the new Midgard V2 to more efficiently index events.
- [feature] Affiliate Fee support
- when Blame.FailReason is empty, override it with err
- Resolve “Add context to fee and outbound events to enable them to be handled without cross-referencing”
- add asset address to stake event
- Merge branch ‘669-issue’ into ‘testnet’
- [feature] Add ability to AssymWithdraw
- No yggdrasil- when there is no fund on a specific chain
- Resolve “Remove 6 blocks confirmation rule for UTXO”
- Resolve “[FIX] inbound tx to yggdrasil vault , if it is not from asgard , then drop it”
- Update seeds on restart
- Add pipefail to fail on not responsive seeds
- [cleanup] Remove BEP2 Rune Support
Fixes and tweaks for stability, as well as releasing V0.5.2. In addition a new endpoint to allow an earning summary for each pool.
- Resolve “Add /thorchain/queue to proxied whitelisted endpoints”
- Resolve “/history/total_volume response isn’t ordered by time”
- Resolve “Update develop to 0.5.2”
- Update master 0.5.2
- ADD: /v1/pools/earning endpoint
- Update Midgard to 0.5.2
- Tweak midgard db
- Update metrics
- release 0.16.2 to testnet
- Resolve “Add load balancer annotation for DigitalOcean”
- Fix DO LB issue needing service rule to be HTTP
- Fix LB DO issue with proxy protocol
- Resolve “Add Telegram Bot chart”
- Fix Telegram-bot binance api rate limit
Work continues to prepare the client for Multichain Chaosnet.
The following tools receive regular updates:
Delphi Defi Dashboard
THORChain Network Explorer
THORChain Official Block Explorer
View LP data, and predict future returns
View current arbitrage opportunities in the pools
View your current LP performance in each pool.
View the current leaderboard for traders on THORChain
A final security audit report is being prepared for final release.
The gauntlet report on the CLP mechanism is also being finalised.
Bitcoin public testnet.
To keep up to date, please monitor community channels, particularly Telegram and Twitter: